Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Double Exposed Portraits

Practice Image

Our new project is portraits that have a little twist to it; we first have a photographer take a profile picture of us and then go out and capture images that we find inspiring or symbolic to our lives. Before we were able to begin we had to learned what portrait photography is. We learned that portrait photography or portraiture is of a person that has a presentation of expression, personality, and mood. The main focus of a portraiture is commonly the person's face. It can also relate to a profile view and silhouetting because they are all focusing on a single subject and being able to recognize the subjects features. Our task is to create a fascinating double exposed portrait.

At first the process of creating double exposed portraits seemed confusing as well as difficult, but after we received a demo and also have the chance to explore, it was quite simple. To make this type of portrait image in Photoshop you must first take your profile portrait. Then you can take two different textural photographs, like s landscape photo for example, or an image that symbolizes you. Now you can open Photoshop and select the "load pictures in to stack" option and make sure you size the image to be 8.5 in. x 11 in. and the resolution to 300. Then you are ready to double click on your portrait layer and select a blend mode of your choice and experiment the different options. After choosing a mode that you are satisfied with, you can do the same for the next picture, for the last image you may re-size or adjust its placement if you'd like. Next you can play around with your two textural images until you get something you like and you can also add adjustment layers if you wish. I believe you will be amazed at how different options can make your image look spectacular just as it did to mine. These photos are really fun to make and look absolutely stunning!




For my practice image I faced towards the right and for my final picture I faced towards the opposite direction; left. I did this so when both images were completed I could position them to face each other. By doing so, I wanted to represent two different people looking at each other and them taking in their differences... just like how we should do the same in our every day lives. So for my practice photograph I captured a tree with sunlight passing through its branches and also another tree but with a different look and perspective on it. I really liked my practice image because of the position of the sun-rays... it kind of made my face look like it had a sparkle or shimmer. The two other images I took for my final was a picture of a spectacular sunset and a picture of me at Lumaha'i beach (those pictures are above).These two pictures symbolize me because I absolutely love the beach and one of the meanings for my name; Leleaka, is the light.


Final

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful work! I really like how your two symbolic images go together very well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the sunset and the colors! Also nice symbols! Great job Lele!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooooo cool!! I love this! Maybe just show more of that sunset because it's beautiful. Awesome Job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mix of the images and the colors are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how you included yourself in the photo. I also really like how your photo blends and that it doesn't have that really sharp lines. I think the head room needs to be bigger because it's awfully close to the top of the page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how the two images blend together and the colors in it. Your placement could be done better, but overall you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woah, this is really amazing! I love how I can see your face and how the opacity is down so it looks kinda dreamlike. Awesome sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really great job Lele!!! Your symbols are very easy to see and your use of negative space is great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how your first photo fades into your 2nd photo, it almost looks as if the footprints in the sand are the clouds, It looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Lele!!!! Great final, I really love your symbols and how good they blended in the finished product. Great use of negative space too. Amazing work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome photo! The sunset is really nice, one thing you can improve is the intensity, and make the colours pop out more. Overall, I really like it!~

    ReplyDelete
  12. great cut out
    next time try to bring all of your images to the botom
    i love your use of negative space

    ReplyDelete
  13. i like how you add your self in the photo and how you put the ocean and sunset and also blog wrighting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, overall this is great, and I like how both of your symbols are very visible. I feel like the shore line kind of looks like a harsh line cutting through you, and it could be softened a little. However, awesome job, and your finished product is excellent with great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't know how you did it, but your sunset photo looks amazing and magical! (Sorry, getting off topic) Your colors could be a vibrant to make it better (or I liked to say, spazz out!). Your adjustment layers are pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like how you blended both your images together and the colors are amazing! Good job

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how great your images blend together!! Amazing!
    I definitely think your message does work because of the fact that I can see both images.
    I think to improve it, you can turn up your saturation or add curves to make your sunset colors really vibrant. GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great work Leslie. I love your symbols however they are a bit hard to see. Awesome Job!

    ReplyDelete