Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Polar Panoramas

These are my two finished Polar Panoramas. I first researched the process of creating a Polar Panorama before choosing a great location to take my two sets of at least 10 images. When taking these images I moved the camera vertically while making sure I took them with a 10-15% overlap. After I created my panos by using the Photomerge plugin in Photoshop, I resized the two images to be square. I then rotated the square images with a 180 degree turn before implementing the Polar Coordinates filter.

After finishing both Polar Panos, I partnered up with another student and had a portrait photography session. These pictures would be used to imitate the feeling of being on top of the world. After editing my portrait photos, I used the quick selection tool to cut out the background, refine the images, and  resize them perfectly so they would fit my worlds. After resizing I created a shadow effect by copying, warping the portrait layer, decreasing the exposure to black and setting the opacity to 40%. All of these steps added up to creating my Polar Panoramas!


1 comment:

  1. This is so nice I love your blog! Its so HD... Thats how I would describe it.. Very well done!

    ReplyDelete